Volunteer or Intern
Internships are for student course credit or non-student professional experience in NBLCA affiliate offices. We do not provide paid internships. An intern at NBLCA is typically someone who is enrolled in a graduate program that requires work experience in an area of interest and gains course credit for this experience. (Public Health, Health Education, Public Administration, Science, Non-Profit Management, etc)
Student interns work closely with NBLCA to customize their educational experience around specific categories of interest. Each of the categories listed in the scope of work have multiple projects that would expose the participants to real world application that has immediate or long lasting impact. Activities can even be used to enhance their resumes and further develop individual skill sets. The primary categories and example activities include:
- Database management
- Meeting preparation for local, regional or national conferences
- Fundraising research and grant writing
Community Planning, Capacity Building and Technical Assistance:
- Planning, implementation and evaluation of local, state and national meetings
- Assist in planning, implementation and evaluation of Capacity Building Assistance activities including conference calls, webinars, or one-on-one trainings.
Legislative Policy Analysis and Advocacy:
- Participating in government briefings and submitting summaries
- Participating in policy webinars and advocacy teleconferences
- Participating in advocacy efforts, developing and maintaining membership database, and attending local, regional, and national meetings to help policy makers understand what the gaps are in access to HIV/AIDS prevention, care, and treatment.
Community Education and Mobilization:
- Assist in planning activities
- Assist in planning, implementation and evaluation of National HIV/AIDS and Aging Awareness Day, held annually on September 18th
- Assist organization in enhancing cross-promotional activities
Communications and Public Affairs:
- Assist in writing press releases for national awareness days
- Assist with marketing and promotion of organizational programs
The individualized program plan can include a rotation of agency activities to provide for a full and comprehensive experience and educational enhancement for the participant.
We are looking for highly motivated student interns to come join us in our offices. E-mail resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org